There has great value of engagement ring which indicates that the person wearing it is engaged to be married. This culture has come from the western sides especially from England. The rings can be diamonds or other gemstones. Sometimes, men and women also wear the same type of rings and these engagement rings are also used as wedding rings. When the wedding ring is put by the groom on the finger, on another side same thing has done for brides. Some brides have their engagement and wedding rings permanently soldered together after the weeding.
In the ancient era, first Egyptian has invented this and started this tradition, after that Greeks follow this tradition also. But this tradition can only be reliably traced as far back as in ancient Rome. In 1947, ‘a diamond is forever’ slogan was introduced and from that time a diamond is the only acceptable stone for an engagement ring.
One reason for increasing the popularity is its relationship to human sexuality and the woman’s marriage prospects. In the United States, it is sued for breach of promise.
There should some purchasing procedure for this engagement ring. The ring should be made with diamond and durable enough for using and easy to handle also.
- Traditionally in UK, the man proposes to the woman with an engagement ring.
- The man puts it on to the fourth finger of her left hand, known as ring finger
- It is also symbolizes the couple’s commitment to each other.
- USA, NEW ZELAND, CANADA, SOUTH AFRICA, AUSTRALIA- these countries follow the same tradition of this engagement ring
- Basically this tradition has come from EGYPT, ITALY.
- Some person also wears this ring in his or her right hand finger also.
- In some countries, the right hand seems to be established custom regardless of religion.
- This engagement ring is usually put on first which is followed by the wedding ring.
- This custom can vary according to what feels most comfortable and suitable.
- In GERMANY both left and right hand fingers are used for wearing this engagement ring.
- Engagement rings are worn in several ISLAMIC countries also. Although it is not used in traditional MUSLIM wedding. Right now in HINDUISM, this tradition has come too. Now with the western influence, in INDIAN culture traditionally this ring is included.
- The main growing trend of this ring is a partly a sign of growing gender and sexual equality.
- Celebrities make it more famous in our society.
- In an multicultural and gender-accepting society has become more acceptable as well as fashionable.
- There are varieties of engagement rings available in the market.
- This ring holds a very good sign for the couples as well as their family and for future too.
These are the various features and characteristics of a best online diamond, gold engagement ring.